March 29, 2018
High Tech High Graduate School of Education
Have an idea that’s going to revolutionize the future of work and learning?
OpenED is an innovation challenge to build, prototype and pitch solutions that reimagine the future of work and learning. This represents an opportunity for every student, educator and aspiring entrepreneur to improve the education system. The Deeper Learning conference has partnered with ProtoHack to to produce this innovation challenge for conference attendee’s. To attend this workshop, please register for the Deeper Learning Conference.
What You’ll do During this Workshop:
- Form a team | Network and collaborate with like-minded people who will help you bring the idea to life
- Ideate and brainstorm | Think up every crazy idea possible, collaborate, and narrow it down
- Prepare a business plan | Identify the problem you’re solving, who your customer is, and how to monetize
- Design a prototype | Visually communicate your solution through a working prototype using some of the best tools in the industry
- Get mentorship | Meet with industry experts to help you with your pitch, business model, and design
- Prepare a presentation | You’ll have up to 10 slides and 90 seconds to showcase the work you’ve done in the past 12 hours
- Pitch to a panel of judges | Notable founders and VC’s who can help validate your idea
- 9:00 AM – 10:00 AM | Conference Keynote
- 10:30 AM – 10:45 AM | Registration & networking
- 10:45 AM – 11:00 AM | Setting expectations
- 11:00 AM – 11:30 AM | Teaming up
- 12:00 PM – 12:30 PM | Lunch Break
- 1:00 PM – 2:00 PM | Mentor Sessions
- 3:00 PM – 3:30 PM | Pitching
- 3:30 PM – 3:45 PM | Winners announced & Prize presentation
- 4:00 PM | Exhibition
ProtoHack is a 12-hour experience where you will build a prototype that communicates an idea visually. During ProtoHack you’ll learn how to use the best prototyping tools in the industry, network with like-minded people with various backgrounds, become a better product person, and receive access to prototype tools, learning communities, and prizes worth over $15,000.
Although we encourage you to try some prototyping tools prior to attending ProtoHack, we will begin ProtoHack with an educational workshop on how to use some of the top prototyping tools.
You’ll work with teams of 4 to 6 people over 12 hours to produce a prototype. At the end, your team will present on stage to a panel of judges consisting of business leaders, innovators, and designers to get feedback.
Speakers & Judges
Co-Founder & CTO
Vice President, Partnerships
University of California San Diego
Associate Dean, Education Technology, Innovation and Assessment School of Medicine
Nasdaq Entrepreneurial Centre